As North Carolina’s restaurants, hotels, attractions and businesses reopen after the COVID-19 stay-at-home order, Count On Me NC is a mutual pledge and public health initiative that empowers guests and businesses to help keep everyone safe and protected.
- Guest Pledge
- Cook It Forward NC
- Business Training
- Additional Resources
- Plan a Trip
- Participating Businesses
- Count On Me NC Logo Toolkit
- Online training questions:email@example.com
At the completion of training, you’ll receive a printable Count On Me NC certificate and be featured on our list of participating businesses. You’ll also get access to a Count On Me NC toolkit that includes social media assets and other materials to help you show guests and staff that you’ve gone above and beyond to protect their well-being.
Restaurant: Owners & Operators
Learn how to help ensure the well-being of everyone who enters your restaurant. Get Started
Restaurant: Front of House Staff
Implement best practices for staff who regularly interact with guests and customers. Get Started
Restaurant: Back of House Staff
Follow procedures designed to increase health and safety behind the scenes. Get Started
Join the individuals and businesses who are participating in Count On Me NC, and share your commitment to making North Carolina healthier for all of us.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
You can help create a safer, healthier environment for everyone by following a few guidelines and best practices. When you join Count On Me NC, here’s what you’re pledging to do:
- Wear a cloth face covering like a mask or scarf.
- Wait your turn by maintaining six feet of physical distance from others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Use contactless delivery or takeout options if you have been recently exposed to, or have symptoms of, COVID-19.
- Be patient and kind to staff and other guests as we all try to adjust to a new normal.
WHAT BUSINESSES ARE DOING
While North Carolina already has strict health and safety guidelines in place, Count On Me NC businesses have taken additional training and implemented new procedures in light of COVID-19. All Count On Me NC businesses have pledged to:
- Ensure safe sanitation practices are followed.
- Administer health checks to all staff prior to shift start.
- Make sure indoor and outdoor seating meets all physical distancing guidelines.
- Provide hand sanitizer or handwashing stations at all entrances.
- Clean and sanitize common areas, bathrooms and high-touch surfaces regularly using the CDC recommendations.
- Clean and sanitize all tables and hard surfaces after every use.
- Clean settings, utensils, menus and condiments after every use or provide single-use options.
To support these training modules, Count On Me NC has collected supplemental guidelines and materials from industry experts to provide additional resources for businesses.
- Restaurant Industry Reopening Guidelines Download
- Enhanced Industry-wide Hotel Cleaning Standards for COVID-19 Download
- Industry Guidance for Promoting Health and Safety of all Travelers Download
- Vacation Rental Cleaning Guidelines for COVID-19 Download
- Non-Health Care Employee Symptom Screening Checklist Download
- Count On Me NC Restaurant Compliance Checklist Download
- COVID-19 Reopening Considerations for the Global Attractions Industry Download
- Considerations for Museum Reopenings Download
- Spa Reopening Toolkit Download
- National Park Service Public Health Update Download
Count On Me NC is a joint effort created by government and health officials in partnership with industry leaders from across the state.